Black Friday ✓
Small Business Saturday ✓
Cyber Monday ✓
Giving Tuesday (est. 2012)
Yes, today is Giving Tuesday! We invite you to join the LSE’s US alumni organization!
The Alumni and Friends of the London School of Economics in the United States (AFLSE), was founded in 1970 and is now the School’s largest and oldest alumni association outside the United Kingdom supporting 25,368 US based alumni. The AFLSE is comprised of 40 alumni chapters, special interest groups and regional representatives across the country hosting an average of 175 alumni events each year. This year the AFLSE hosted 17 “Destination LSE” events across the country giving students who are about to attend LSE the opportunity to meet each other, as well as connect with alumni and current students prior to arriving at LSE. The AFLSE is an IRS registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization.
Membership in the AFLSE is open to all former students, faculty, and friends of the AFLSE, of all nationalities. It provides:
- Invitations to local chapter events, some with differential pricing for members and non-members;
- AFLSE National e-newsletters for and about alumni and activities;
- Inclusion in, and access to, AFLSE's online Membership Directory;
- Participation in the AFLSE's chapter e-newsletters in most chapters;
- Discount subscription rates to a variety of journals.
The objectives of the AFLSE are to:
- Strengthen the network of LSE alumni in the USA for professional, academic, career and social purposes;
- Award AFLSE scholarships for US citizens and permanent residents for graduate study at the LSE. There have been more than 150 scholarship recipients to date; and
- Support the LSE's development efforts throughout the US with special events and chapter-related activities.