AFLSE Life Membership
Life membership in the AFLSE: The Best Choice for You and the AFLSE
The AFLSE offers several categories of membership to alumni including 1-year, 3-year and life memberships. The AFLSE recognizes life membership as the most exclusive and prestigious milestone in the relationship between an individual member and the AFLSE, and we highly encourage you to become one today.
Why you should consider becoming a life member?
Life members receive all the benefits available to 1-year and 3-year members (click here for a list of benefits), as well as the following:
- Life members have priority sign-up privileges for some high-profile events where spaces are limited,
- Life members will be able to network and have access to private events or gatherings,
- An LSE-branded premium gift will be presented to life members,
- The names of life members will be published in the AFLSE’s newsletter and permanently listed on its website in recognition of their commitment,
- Payment flexibility; life members can spread the cost of their membership over a five-year period.
The cost of life membership will increase from $600 to $650, effective January 1, 2016, so if you become a life member before January 1, you will benefit from the lower current rate. Also, a special discount is being offered to members who have been annual-renewing for at least 6 years. See below for a description of this discount.
How life membership helps the AFLSE
Life memberships not only demonstrate the highest level of commitment by alumni, but also greatly benefit the AFLSE:
- Dues received from life members are placed in a dedicated investment fund, with only 5% of the dues used in any given year. Life members can be assured that their contribution will benefit the AFLSE for many years to come,
- Consistency and certainty over future income generation allows the AFLSE to plan more frequent and elaborate events that benefit all alumni,
- Life members help to reduce considerably the administrative burden placed on volunteers charged with maintaining annual membership levels.
Special discount for existing members
In recognition of the commitment by existing AFLSE members who have been annual-renewing members for at least 6 years, or 3-year renewing members for at least 6 years, we are offering a special life membership discount. For members in either of these two categories, you will receive a one-time 20% discount to the existing life membership rates of $600, saving you $120! This is a limited-time offer, expiring on December 31, 2015, at which time the new life membership rate of $650 will apply.
To take advantage of this special discount, please go to the membership page before January 1, 2016, and look for the tab that says “Discounted Life Membership”.
The AFLSE Board looks forward to welcoming many more life members to our alumni group in 2015 and beyond.